D-R-Aime?

... and other observations
What is DRAime? It's a blog that talks about D, R and ...M! I know what the D stands for, I know what the R stands for, but I have yet to understand what the M is for.
Management? Mismanagement? Misery? Mystery? All bets are on!
(For those who don't know, Aime, in french, is pronounced M and means to like - which gives us DRM)

Friday, January 21, 2005

One loss for the DRM camp?

I guess Sony will have to try again, since their first attempt was really bad.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,12005964%255E15306,00.html

I have to say I was realy surprised when I first learned that their devices would not support the mp3 format (which does not support DRM). This really hurt them; I saw people buy the device then be shocked when they learned they had to do all sorts of contortions to get their device to read their music. This is clearly good news short term for the consumer in terms of rights, but it could just be a small battle that was won, where as the whole war is much bigger than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home