D-R-Aime?

... and other observations
What is DRAime? It's a blog that talks about D, R and ...M! I know what the D stands for, I know what the R stands for, but I have yet to understand what the M is for.
Management? Mismanagement? Misery? Mystery? All bets are on!
(For those who don't know, Aime, in french, is pronounced M and means to like - which gives us DRM)

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Copy paste?

A few days ago I was having a discussion at my workplace about Windows networking. The issue was, when it is recommended to use a workgroup and when it is recommended to use a domain.

We have bought the exam cram books on Windows Server 2003. One thing I like about those books is that you can get the digital version on the cd that comes with the books. I opened the pdf file and started hunting for a passage that I liked.

I found it, but trying to copy paste a few lines of text proved to be... impossible. They had disabled the copy paste functionality. The best I could do was to copy paste the screen and include the bitmap in my email... or recopy the text.

I'm not sure what the moral of the story is, but clearly the M of DRM does not stand for Managing expectactions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home