D-R-Aime?

... and other observations
What is DRAime? It's a blog that talks about D, R and ...M! I know what the D stands for, I know what the R stands for, but I have yet to understand what the M is for.
Management? Mismanagement? Misery? Mystery? All bets are on!
(For those who don't know, Aime, in french, is pronounced M and means to like - which gives us DRM)

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Exactly my thought...

From an extreme tech article:

However, it's difficult to conceive of any computerized system that
could distinguish "fair use" from "security hole" and consequently, many fear that DRM could tilt the scales in favor of copyright holders at the expense of consumers.


This is exactly what I was talking about a few days ago. I have a hard time seeing what kind of system can achieve no "false positives" (cases where a task is prevented for no good reason).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home