D-R-Aime?

... and other observations
What is DRAime? It's a blog that talks about D, R and ...M! I know what the D stands for, I know what the R stands for, but I have yet to understand what the M is for.
Management? Mismanagement? Misery? Mystery? All bets are on!
(For those who don't know, Aime, in french, is pronounced M and means to like - which gives us DRM)

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The transcripts are NOT out...

for the Grokster vs MGM case...

Still, here is an exchange I really liked from the 9th circuit hearing:

Judge Noonan: Well, I read one of the briefs that said there was something like seven hundred million files, is that correct?

Frackman
: Oh, I would imagine, many many more than that.

Judge Noonan
: Many more. And that your highest figure of your protected uses was 90%, so 10% of seven hundred million or something, are noninfringing. That sounds like a lot of noninfringing files to me.

That looked like such a setup to me... I listed to the audio and when Frackman said "many many more than that", I don't think he knew what was coming next, because clearly Judge Noonan says that if 90% of a lot is a lot, then 10% of a lot is still... a lot!

As for the transcript of the Supreme Court March 29th hearing, it looks like it might take a month before they are available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home