D-R-Aime?

... and other observations
What is DRAime? It's a blog that talks about D, R and ...M! I know what the D stands for, I know what the R stands for, but I have yet to understand what the M is for.
Management? Mismanagement? Misery? Mystery? All bets are on!
(For those who don't know, Aime, in french, is pronounced M and means to like - which gives us DRM)

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Not as bad as it seems...

Sometimes people think that some countries have no respect for copyrights and artists rights. They typically refer to poorer countries, where copyrights infringement is rampant. Well, things aren't as clear cut as it seems.

I am returning from a trip to Thailand where clearly I got to see first hand all the fake CD's stands. 100 Baht (roughly 2.50$) gets you all the American cds you want... Why do I say American? I was trying to buy the CD of a local artist. The only copies I found were originals (essentially I would ask everywhere they sold cds if they had it, and the only places that had his CD was legitimate stores)! That was so funny. While they might not respect the rights of artists oversees, they seem to care about local artists. I thought that was funny...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home