D-R-Aime?

... and other observations
What is DRAime? It's a blog that talks about D, R and ...M! I know what the D stands for, I know what the R stands for, but I have yet to understand what the M is for.
Management? Mismanagement? Misery? Mystery? All bets are on!
(For those who don't know, Aime, in french, is pronounced M and means to like - which gives us DRM)

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Maybe what we need are basic rights?

So after all the Sony DRM / Rootkit snafu, maybe it's time to create a law that protects specific rights a consumer should have.

If I can choose the first item on that list, I believe it should be:
  • Any program that alters the state of a machine and that isn't an operating system should contain either an uninstallation program or should document all the changes it applies to your system

This would at least give a little bit of transparency to the installation process. I don't think this would be too complicated because if you are installating it, you should be able to at the very least document it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home