D-R-Aime?

... and other observations
What is DRAime? It's a blog that talks about D, R and ...M! I know what the D stands for, I know what the R stands for, but I have yet to understand what the M is for.
Management? Mismanagement? Misery? Mystery? All bets are on!
(For those who don't know, Aime, in french, is pronounced M and means to like - which gives us DRM)

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

What is "Mandatory managed copy"?

It took me a while to figure it out... at first I thought it was some limitation scheme. Why? The choice of words...
  • Mandatory?
  • Managed?
  • Copy? Well that one does sounds positive...
Turns out it's a alternate way of saying "fair use rights", although it seems to come with some limitations, because it seems to be still some kind of DRM mechanism. At least the good news is that it would be mandatory, which means you would always have the ability to copy a HD-DVD using somekind of DRM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home